In his April 2017 MRII blog, Jon Last speaks to how vertical industry expertise can make a big difference for marketing researchers looking to be consultative in their transition to providers of insights.Read More »
- Slippage in the NFL’s perceived popularity, perhaps in wake of negative press regarding television ratings during the season’s first nine weeks.
- Which sports are gaining and declining in popularity.
- Trends and attitudes on contemporary issues in each of the major sports.
- How issues like game time length, eligibility rules, and quality of officiating impact fan perceptions about the MLB, NBA, and NHL.
- Fan attitudes on topical issues including concussions, shoot outs in a regular season NHL games, competitive balance in the NBA, the legalization of sports gambling in the U.S., and Golf’s place in the Olympics.
- Optimism and confidence in the macro economy and how this will impact sports fan behavior over the coming months.
One of the methodologies SLRG has become quite proficient in, with direct experience at venues across the country, has been pre/post efficacy testing of brands activating at premier sports events. March was a busy time for the research team, as SLRG made their way across multiple NCAA Men’s Basketball Conference Tournaments s to evaluate the […]Read More »
Qualitative research is a great tool to identify the needs of different constituent groups when a brand is trying to identify a product or a service that can create incremental revenues and build greater relationships with their fans or customers.Recently, SLRG has been involved with a number of initiatives with multiple sports and travel clients, […]Read More »
In his April 2017 column, SLRG’s Jon Last looks at how fan research reveals the strengths and weaknesses of various marketing pillars from which to position a sports property.Read More »
In his March Media Post column, SLRG President Jon Last speaks to how research can spearhead innovation.Read More »
SLRG President Jon Last authors the cover story of the Spring 2017 issue of Golf Business Canada, addressing new business realities and directs facility operators towards understanding those market segments that comprise best customers, and delivering on the total experience that each is seeking.Read More »
In his February Media Post: Marketing Sports blog, SLRG President Jon Last speaks of how carefully designed brand audits can benefit both properties and sponsors seeking to optimize the return on their sports marketing investment.Read More »
SLRG and MRII President Jon Last’s Feb 2017 MRII blog post speaks to ways in which in-store retail research can reap big dividends to brands in the sporting goods industryRead More »
Recent SLRG work for a high-end luxury resort utilized a three-phase approach to develop a holistic profile of property guests. Through this research, SLRG was able to provide our clients with the demographics, geographic origins, life traits and psychographics of high-end resort guests through both the matching of property house files against marketing databases and […]Read More »
Winter Sports Omnibus contains the perspectives of over 1,300 avid sports fans on a wide variety of topics, including: