In his March Media Post column, SLRG President Jon Last speaks to how research can spearhead innovation.Read More »
- Slippage in the NFL’s perceived popularity, perhaps in wake of negative press regarding television ratings during the season’s first nine weeks.
- Which sports are gaining and declining in popularity.
- Trends and attitudes on contemporary issues in each of the major sports.
- How issues like game time length, eligibility rules, and quality of officiating impact fan perceptions about the MLB, NBA, and NHL.
- Fan attitudes on topical issues including concussions, shoot outs in a regular season NHL games, competitive balance in the NBA, the legalization of sports gambling in the U.S., and Golf’s place in the Olympics.
- Optimism and confidence in the macro economy and how this will impact sports fan behavior over the coming months.
SLRG President Jon Last authors the cover story of the Spring 2017 issue of Golf Business Canada, addressing new business realities and directs facility operators towards understanding those market segments that comprise best customers, and delivering on the total experience that each is seeking.Read More »
In his February Media Post: Marketing Sports blog, SLRG President Jon Last speaks of how carefully designed brand audits can benefit both properties and sponsors seeking to optimize the return on their sports marketing investment.Read More »
SLRG and MRII President Jon Last’s Feb 2017 MRII blog post speaks to ways in which in-store retail research can reap big dividends to brands in the sporting goods industryRead More »
Recent SLRG work for a high-end luxury resort utilized a three-phase approach to develop a holistic profile of property guests. Through this research, SLRG was able to provide our clients with the demographics, geographic origins, life traits and psychographics of high-end resort guests through both the matching of property house files against marketing databases and […]Read More »
Winter Sports Omnibus contains the perspectives of over 1,300 avid sports fans on a wide variety of topics, including:
Highlights from the recent Golfer State of the Industry Research conducted with Sports Illustrated Golf Group, along with SLRG’s eighth annual consumer outlook for the golf market, were presented by SLRG President Jon Last at the PGA Merchandise Show on Wednesday, January 25th. This presentation separates the facts from the fiction regarding golfer attitudes about the state of the game, the future of golf, and the participation and equipment market for 2017. Results were culled from surveys and depth interviews with over 1,000 active golfers. Click the .pptx link for presentation including videos; the .pdf version for just the presentation. More in depth results are also available on a custom basis. Please contact us for details.
Coverage of SLRG President Jon Last’s appointment as President of Market Research Institute International. http://www.mrweb.com/drno/news23810.htm http://marketresearchbulletin.com/jon-last-elected-president-mrii-board-directors/Read More »
Official press release from The University of Georgia and Marketing Research Institute International, announces SLRG President Jon Last’s election to President of the MRII Board of Directors ANN ARBOR, MI, January 10, 2017 — The Board of the Market Research Institute International (MRII) has elected Jon Last, Founder and President of Sports and Leisure Research […]Read More »
In his January posting, SLRG President Jon Last reinforces the importance of proper sampling, in this era of “echo chambers” where social media noise can often distort the reality of what sports fans are thinking.Read More »