SLRG President Jon Last addressed members and guests of the American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) at their annual Partner Breakfast during the recent Golf Industry Show on Wednesday, February 7th in San Antonio, TX. Last provided highlights and implications of SLRG’s recently completed benchmark study with golf course architects, superintendents and facility operators. The research explored issues impacting golf course facility design, re-design and renovation. Highlights of key findings were distributed to assembled guests and media and are available for download, below.
- Slippage in the NFL’s perceived popularity, perhaps in wake of negative press regarding television ratings during the season’s first nine weeks.
- Which sports are gaining and declining in popularity.
- Trends and attitudes on contemporary issues in each of the major sports.
- How issues like game time length, eligibility rules, and quality of officiating impact fan perceptions about the MLB, NBA, and NHL.
- Fan attitudes on topical issues including concussions, shoot outs in a regular season NHL games, competitive balance in the NBA, the legalization of sports gambling in the U.S., and Golf’s place in the Olympics.
- Optimism and confidence in the macro economy and how this will impact sports fan behavior over the coming months.
Highlights from the recent Golfer Research conducted with Golf Magazine/Golf.com, informed SLRG’s ninth annual consumer outlook breakfast, presented by SLRG President Jon Last at the PGA Merchandise Show on Wednesday, January 24th. This presentation examines three critical trends that will impact the golf market as we move into the 2018 season. Results were culled from surveys and depth interviews with over 2,000 active golfers as well as numerous additional golfer research conducted by SLRG over the past twelve months. Click the link for the presentation. More in depth results are also available on a custom basis. Please contact us for details.
In its annual Travel and Tourism Research Association white paper, SLRG speaks to the most interesting developments and opportunities surrounding sports related travel.
SLRG partnered with GOLF.com and Sports Illustrated Golf Group to gauge the attitudes and opinions of over 1,000 avid golfers on a number of provocative topics about the state of the game in 2017. Watch the one minute highlight video and read the report, here.
Winter Sports Omnibus contains the perspectives of over 1,300 avid sports fans on a wide variety of topics, including: