In its annual Travel and Tourism Research Association white paper, SLRG speaks to the most interesting developments and opportunities surrounding sports related travel.
- Slippage in the NFL’s perceived popularity, perhaps in wake of negative press regarding television ratings during the season’s first nine weeks.
- Which sports are gaining and declining in popularity.
- Trends and attitudes on contemporary issues in each of the major sports.
- How issues like game time length, eligibility rules, and quality of officiating impact fan perceptions about the MLB, NBA, and NHL.
- Fan attitudes on topical issues including concussions, shoot outs in a regular season NHL games, competitive balance in the NBA, the legalization of sports gambling in the U.S., and Golf’s place in the Olympics.
- Optimism and confidence in the macro economy and how this will impact sports fan behavior over the coming months.
SLRG partnered with GOLF.com and Sports Illustrated Golf Group to gauge the attitudes and opinions of over 1,000 avid golfers on a number of provocative topics about the state of the game in 2017. Watch the one minute highlight video and read the report, here.
Winter Sports Omnibus contains the perspectives of over 1,300 avid sports fans on a wide variety of topics, including:
Highlights from the recent Golfer State of the Industry Research conducted with Sports Illustrated Golf Group, along with SLRG’s eighth annual consumer outlook for the golf market, were presented by SLRG President Jon Last at the PGA Merchandise Show on Wednesday, January 25th. This presentation separates the facts from the fiction regarding golfer attitudes about the state of the game, the future of golf, and the participation and equipment market for 2017. Results were culled from surveys and depth interviews with over 1,000 active golfers. Click the .pptx link for presentation including videos; the .pdf version for just the presentation. More in depth results are also available on a custom basis. Please contact us for details.
SLRG President Jon Last’s closing keynote on November 19, 2016 provided insights into the state of the golfer as customer and the potential impact and opportunity for delegates at the Canadian National Golf Course Owners Association conference.