A leading golf equipment manufacturer was preparing to reposition its brands and wanted to know the following:
- What are the key performance attributes of the product categories in which we compete, that drive consumer purchases?
- How does the customer perceive my brand versus my competition?
- Does actual product testing alter perceptions and intent?
- How can I best position my brands to create a differentiated and ownable place in the market?
- Product was tested among eight “anonymously sponsored” focus groups against multiple targets in national markets
- Focus group participants were videotaped and feedback was provided to the equipment manufacturer to implement enhancement of product positioning